Friday, June 13, 2008

More Books!

So I still don't know what exactly this blog is for, but I figure since I have it I may as well use it. Since the previous post is entirely about books I hope to read or at least try to read soon, I'm going to continue by talking about the amazing phenomenon I participated in today: The James Prendergast Library Booksale. I ended up there by accident really; I had to return some books in between Jordan's and my wisdom teeth follow-up appointment and picking Kyle up from his allergist appointment, so when we got to the library we ended up wandering around and observing the beauty that is the booksale. Ok, so probably not everyone would call it beautiful, and to be honest I definitely had some moments of "Augh too many people all around me augh augh". But the diverse blend of people that show up there, not to mention the wide variety of books, was pretty incredible. The one other thing that was incredible? The prices. Seriously, where else can you get a hardcover book for $1.25 (or $1.00 if you buy 10 or more) and a paperback for $1.00 ( $.75 if you buy 10 or more)? If you know of that place, send me there and I will never leave.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I walked out of the library with 7 books for which I paid a whopping $5.75 total. Several of those books are on the previously posted "106 books of pretension" (or mind-broadening, in my case) list. So to update my reading list, I now have (in addition to Catch 22, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility) Jane Eyre, The Count of Monte Cristo, Brave New World, The Prophet, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, The Canterbury Tales, The Poisonwood Bible, (which Kyle actually bought)
and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (which Kyle also bought). So basically I have my reading list for the summer, and we got other books that aren't on the list if I finish all of those. In all the free time that I always have. Ha. Ha.

Anyways, if you've never bought 7 books for less than six dollars total, I would definitely recommend it...it's a pretty sweet feeling.

No comments: